Grip N Rip Cycle is a competitive cycling team based in Olathe, link KS founded by 4x National Stunt Riding Champion Dan Jackson and 2x National Drag Racing Champion Steve Smithers in early 2012. The team is comprised of approximately 50 members who compete in over 100 races year round in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Illinois, Colorado, and California.
Cycling has played a part in the training regimen for our team athletes to achieve their racing goals. Our team’s goals are to represent sponsors in a professional manner at USAC road bicycle, criterium, cyclocross, and mountain bike racing events. Team GNR participates as group leaders & SAG supporters representing in local charity rides and weekly group rides put on by sponsors.
TEAM MISSION STATEMENT - FUN
- Grip N Rip Cycle was founded in order to:
- Promote cycling in the Kansas City Metro area by providing cyclists with an inclusive team environment in which to train and compete.
- Support all team members (male, female, and master) to perform competitively and achieve their goals.
- Develop positive ties between cycling and the local community through involvement in local events.
- Maintain the tradition of sportsmanship that is a hallmark of competitive cycling and to personify cycling’s positive attributes on the road and in the community.
A STRONG TEAM, A SUCCESSFUL SEASON
From our humble beginnings in 2012 as a group of novices, the team has grown and diversified, winning marquee races and attracting attention throughout the Midwest. While in 2012 we were mostly novice racers, our 30 members now include elite riders and a strong squad of men and women competing at all levels. We field racers in Men’s, Women’s, and Master’s races, ensuring a presence in virtually every event at local races.
Grip N Rip is the official ride guide team for SPIN! Pizza Rides!
SPIN! Rides is a bike program organized by SPIN! Neapolitan Pizza in Kansas City for cyclists of all ages & experience levels. SPIN! Rides are 10-20 mile routes that start and end at four of our restaurant locations. Rides are FREE, FUN and guided by experienced ride leaders. Riders get 10% off their meal (& for their families) after the rides PLUS other perks throughout the season! We also support many local charity rides and causes. We can't wait to ride with you!!